Saturday, December 3, 2016

Introduction

Introduction to the Happy Cooking Couple:

Anybody who knows Blake and I knows that we love food (and it probably shows). We both come from foodie families who taught us how food can enrich your life and create fond memories. Our shared foodie background was one of the first things we realized we had in common when we began dating, and I loved that he loved to cook!

It was an easy transition when we got married, in terms of dinnertime. We loved cooking together and dinner was our chance to try new recipes and yummy food. With busy schedules that are bound to get busier as life goes on, I love that we spend time almost every day cooking and experimenting together. I believe so strongly that to have a strong marriage, you have to have rituals. Cooking (and enjoying the food) is our daily ritual that keeps us grounded and having fun together.

So that's why I'm starting this blog! I want to spread the idea that cooking together is an important and enriching part of a marriage. I will be supplying recipes that we've found to be fairly easy, relatively cheap, and definitely delicious. They will be formatted so as to allow for two cooks in the kitchen. I'll also share tips or stories of couple cooking inspiration.

Happy cooking!


3 comments:

  1. This is great! I am excited about this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohooo!! I love food! And you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I need some recipe ideas (in a major food rut,) so I can't wait to see what you've got coming!

    ReplyDelete